What are cookies?
A cookie is a simple and small file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer. The information it contains will then be sent back to our servers on your next visit.
- Making it easier and more pleasant for you to navigate our website or our app.
- During a visit your session preferences will be stored, so you do not have to re-enter the same information every time you visit the website or the app.
- You will not receive the same information every time you visit the website or the app.
- We will measure the usability of our website or our apps to improve if necessary.
- We can offer you personalized advertisements and/or recommendations based on your interests.
- We can recognize the device you are using when you visit our website or our app.
- You can remove the cookies via the settings of your browser.
Which cookies do we use either via ourselves or via third parties:
The American company Google, via Google Analytics, places cookies on this website as part of its web analytics solution. We use this service to track and get reports about how visitors use our site. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if Google is legally required, or if third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We cannot influence this service provided by Google and we haven’t consented Google to use this collected information for their other services.
The information that Google uses will be anonymized as much as possible. Your IP address shall not be transferred. The information will be transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the USA. Google has declared to comply with the Privacy Shield principles and has joined the Privacy Shield programme of the US Ministry of Trade. This means that for the processing of personal data – if any – an adequate level of data protection has been safeguarded.
Functional cookies ensure the proper functioning of the website and the apps. For instance:
- Your browser settings will be saved. By doing this you will have an optimal view of the website or the app on your screen.
- It will make it possible for you to save your login data, so you do not have to repeat it every time.
- To distribute the load of the website or the app evenly; this enables the website to stay functional en reachable.
- To uncover potential problems or misuse on the website or the apps.
These cookies can be removed permanently via the settings of your browser.
Analytical cookies collect statistics about the usage of the website and the app by visitors. These statistics provide more insights about how often the website and app is visited and where improvement is needed. This should guarantee an optimal user experience.
- Technical features of your visit to our website and our app such as the browser you use, the resolution of your screen and which device you use.
- From which page you reached our website or app.
- How long and when you visit our app.
- Which pages did you visit on our website or app.
- Your IP-address becomes anonymous.
Analytical cookies are used to keep track of the visitors. Moreover, they are used to measure duration per visit and in order do decide the order in which visitors navigate through our website or app These cookies can be removed permanently via the setting of your browser.
Social media cookies from third-parties
Social media cookies are cookies which enable the functionality of the social media pages. Buttons are included on our website to promote or share web pages on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The information that social networks use will be anonymized as much as possible. Your IP address shall not be transferred. The information will be transferred to and stored by these social networks on servers in the USA. These social networks like Facebook and Twitter have declared to comply with the Privacy Shield principles and has joined the Privacy Shield programme of the US Ministry of Trade. This means that for the processing of personal data – if any – an adequate level of data protection has been safeguarded.
Advertising cookies are placed on your website and apps and could also be placed on the websites of third-parties. These cookies are placed, based on your browsing, searching and buying behaviour in order to be able to offer relevant and personal deals. The advertising cookie will keep track of whether you have seen the advertisement, how often you have seen the advertisement and how often you clicked on the advertisement. Furthermore it should prevent that you will see the advertisement again.
If you do not want to have any website cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings. You will receive a warning before the cookies will be saved. Furthermore, you can adjust the browser settings in such a way that all cookies or only the third-party cookies will be rejected.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that we cannot guarantee that our website or app will work properly if you do not accept the cookies. It could appear that certain functions on the website do not work anymore or that they are no longer visible. Rejecting cookies does not mean you will not see advertisements, only that they are not adjusted to your interests. Adjusting your browser settings is different per device and browser.